Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Is this bike stolen? BMW K1200LT

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' at netrider.net.au started by PooFace, Jan 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Seen this bike laying on its side on my way to work this arvo. Came home from work just now and its still there and was stood back up and had the headlight on. There was no one around as it was midnight. I took some photos to see if anyone recognizes the bike.

Its kinda in the middle of nowhere on the side of the road in Diggers Rest Victoria.

Maybe it just broke down but it seems kinda sus cause it was on its side and when I come back the light was on.

IMG_7840.JPG IMG_7843.JPG IMG_7842.JPG IMG_7841.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Strange...maybe it broke down (maybe a weird electrical issue) or the rider had a medical emergency and the bike was subsequently abandoned.
    Maybe someone felt sorry for it and picked it back on and bumped something....you'd suspect a stolen bike would be in 100 pieces of to Thailand by now.

A quick check on Vicroads indicates it hasn't been reported stolen and rego is still current.
    Thanks for stopping and checking though.

3. I've put the feelers out and found some information: Apparently an older gentleman fell off it early on Monday morning and was taking to hospital by ambulance.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Oh no, Its only a 60k road so hopefully he isn't that bad.

The bike is located in a quiet area so hopefully he can get it moved soon before people mess with it.

Thanks for looking into this Nicholai

5. Great bit of community sleuthing there guys. Thank you!