Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is this ad sus or what?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Bugjuice88, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Does anyone agree that this seems a little bit cheap for a 2007 (claimed 2008) daytona 675?

The ad doesn't show a left side or rear picture, and it doesn't say when the rego expires. Maybe it comes with a nice surprise. :? If not, I wish I had the money to buy it.

2. Its not as suspect as this one.

This is a $100k bike.
  3. Could be many reasons, for both, stolen, broken, in hock, craxy ex...

Actually, that probably it, crazy ex! :LOL:
  4. has a legit looking phone number.

call and ask about it. do a revs, etc
  5. it looks suss, but that doesn't mean it is.

Call and ask about it but be very suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a scam. If the seller mentions they are overseas hang up on them
  6. No…
    Don’t hang up on them, Just post the details to http://thescambaiter.com Or read up some of the techniques outlined and start having some fun
  7. Actually that does sound like a much better idea.
  8. I tried scambaiting a while back with someone pretending to be a NZ furniture company , wanting me to cash overseas cheques on their behalf. I started going down the scambaiting road but found it to be just too much effort!
  9. lol that desmo is for hire, its a superbike club :p
    but i reckon if you are lucky, the guy selling the daytona is an idiot (*sorry if that is you and you read this) and is selling it cheap cause he has no idea wats happening. should go check it out and see whats what. sell it for parts and you could get more out of it. :D
  10. or just turn around and sell it again.

11. I bet the desmo guys phone rings off the hook........... I recon that daytona would be an insurance job or repaired wreck.
  12. The buy it and sell it again idea sounds like the go, if only I had the money. Then again it is probly a repaired wreck and he can't get rid of it, maybe selling the parts would be better.

And for the bit extra buy the Desmo and sell it again would be the better option. I wonder if the guy just left a 0 of the price :-k
  13. I submitted an email to see if it was dodge or not.

got this back a week later
  14. Guys there have been numerous threads and warnings on his site about shifty bike prices and ficticious sales on bikesales.com.au and ebay etc. I for one am gobsmacked that any of you even remotely think that they could possibly be legitimate :?

Quite frankly, if you get done you deserve it.
  15. I was hoping to lure the guy into divulging all sorts and expose them :(