Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is this a legit RVF 400 seller?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by AznCruiser, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Hello all, im looking at buying a 400cc bike preferably an RVF400 or a VFR 400 to use on the road and as a tracky. The problem is that these things are expensive as and do look a bit dated..............

I stumbled on these guys (jdmmodificationsworld on ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/K-CONVER...WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=102680&cmd=ViewItem ) and seems to be a legit shop, but an RVF400 for $4.5k with a great custom fairing, apparently a good bike mechanically, and 28 days shipping.................is this simply too good to be true?

Anyone had any experience with these guys? and would you trust it?

This is their response from an Q of mine regarding rego...................

The bike in question
  2. You're a junkie, aren't you Azn?!
    For a start I wouldn't be taking rego advice from a Thai dealer.
    Secondly, and I dunno if it's just me, but that thing doesn't look very straight, especially at the back. And the gouges on the speedo?
  3. You would have to compliance it for Aus, hat isnt easy if you havent done it.
  4. Fairings and paint looks awesome, but likely a lemon.
  5. Looks like a chop shop - there are bikes stripped down and a bike pictured with a smashed up nose cone. A freshly painted body kit could mean that the bikes other fairings were knackered or it's mutton dressed up as lamb. That should ring alarm bells. I haven't has any experience with these guys and personally, wouldn't bother with them.
    Personally, I wouldn't buy a buy from o/s. Prefer to inspect it in person or at least if they are in Australia and the bike turns out to be a lemon I can hunt them down and hurt them :)

6. thanks guys.............................such a great looker but after the comments, ill keep away with a 10 foot pole.
  7. Geez I thought I was bad dude ur rents are gona shoot you
  8. #8 Ljiljan, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Considering how indiscriminately the aus importers are with the bikes they bring in it wouldn't worry me to much.
  9. You'd need to get a compliance plate for it...and from what I have gathered, it's a pain in the arse to do and no guarantee it will even pass considering you don't know the state of the bike.
  10. #10 Roarin, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah, mine was a bitzer (NC30), had wreckers paint pen numbers on the engine, scratched speedo (the clutch cable adjuster rubs it if the levers aren't correctly set), repaired fairings etc etc, with an alleged 10K on the odo when I bought it.
    It now has nearly 100K and I've done nothing other than thrash the living sh!t out of it, and normal maintanence. Still runs like a swiss watch. Looks sh!t, but that's not why I ride bikes.
    The compliance plate would be the biggest worry.