Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by spacesuit_spew, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Hi everyone,

I'll be buying my first bike sometime over the next few weeks (yay me) and I've been reading all I can, test riding a few and asking questions everywhere.

Today I test rode a bike I really love. I think I might get it but wanted to check in here first to see what others think of the price.

The bike is a 2005 Harley 883 Custom Sportster. It has 4500km on it, two-tone paint, screaming eagle pipes, h/p air filter, custom chrome grips and pegs, touring seat and sissy bar. The local Harley dealer said he will do it for $12,500 on road.

Does this sound like a good deal?? I really love this bike.

The only other bike I have left to test ride is the Hyosung GV650 which I'll be doing on Wed. The GV650 is the bike I originally wanted, but as it turns out it'll be the last bike I test ride. I wasn't really looking at Harleys but after riding the Sportster today I'm seriously leaning toward it instead.