Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is this a bargain?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Bravus, May 31, 2007.

1. A Firestorm on eBay (and don't outbid me, bishes! (actually, do, 'cos I'm not sure I'll get permission anyway!)): CLICK HERE

Looks like a very competitive price, and it checks out OK on REVS. Might be up for a service at some stage but you're always gonna be...

Let me know what you think, please...

Mod Edit: Please use the URL function when posting long weblinks. This stops the need to scroll left and right, which a lot of people hate doing.
  2. Good price. Larger tank model.

Slight scuffage but nothing that looks too bad.

But, because it has been dropped, I would want to check that the tank is okay, the radiators are okay and that it steers straight during a TEST ride. Dropped bikes are not the end of the world, but do require a little bit more invesitgation but can result in a bargain.

With Firestorms, you also have to ckeck the steering head bearings (Pi$$ poor monos), cam chain tensioners (Just a weakness of design but listen for a knocking at idle) and voltage recitifiers/battery problems(Similar to CCT's).

Good luck with it mate and tell us how it checks out.
  3. Good gear, thanks for that. It's tricky because (a) I'm in Brisbane and it's in Wollongong and (b) it's on eBay, which is a bit of a 'pig in a poke' situation. Cool to hear it has the bigger tank, 'cos that was one of my concerns about getting a 'Storm, and I thought that was from 2002. Will see what can be pulled together, but it's an outside chance at this stage.
  4. I didn't realise your weren't close to the bike. In that case I would forget about it. Buying 2nd hand is a great way to save money, and especially if there is some light damage, but it ALWAYS requires a thorough personal investigation. Easy if you have half an degree of mechanical knowledge.

Better confirm the tank size as well as I might have confused myself!! :LOL:

As for second hand VTR's, there should be plenty on the market all over Australia, so if you have your heart set on one, you wouldn't have to be too patient.
  5. Yeah, I think you're right... though if it's possible to go 'ex-ebay' and get a Sydney/Wollongong netrider with the know-how to go and check it out...
  6. You could always send Mr Hornet on a mercy mission for you...
  7. The Ebay description screams THRASHED, MONO etc.

These fuel guzzlers are plentiful on the used market, and they don't fetch alot of $$, I would leave this one and wait, a good one will come along soon enough.
  8. Fark - wife actually lost her job today, so no new bikes for this little black duck for a while. Tweet's description makes that easier to bear. ;)

(and she's OK, and getting lots of support, and knows nothing about my disappointment)