Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is there no Mon/Weds rides?

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by Kitju Kat, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Hey all!

Didn't see this anywhere so was just curious if there was any group rides on Mondays or Wednesdays? And if not, if people were interested in doing something?

I'm a pretty new rider and sadly for me Mon/Weds are the only nights I'm really free to do anything. So if anyone is keen hit me a pm. I'd love to make some new friends and get some new skillz!

Open to suggestions! :)

Jessie

2. I think maybe start up a Wednesday intermediate ride for those who are past learner rides but not quite up to Thursday rides.

3. Jessie, there is a Monday coffee night in Williamstown, Saturday carpark practice session, and a Sunday learner ride for when you are up to doing some fair distances - if thats any help. Look 'em up in the VIC events section.

4. Also you could try sticking your name up in the Mentor thread and ask for someone to ride with you on those nights., and get a bit of personalised tuition.

5. Thanks for the suggestions. I unfortunately can't make weekends for pretty much the rest of the year... Stupid retail. I think Williamstown is a bit way too far from me. No matter. Practice on my own can't hurt :p

6. pfft
    Directions

Plenty come from further afield.

7. Just had a look at the servo on streetview, it's pretty small if more then 10 bikes turn up it's going to be a squeeze, and it's residential nearby too. How about Argyle Square on Lygon St. It's a public space with plenty of room, a lot of bikes meet there already, there's a better choice of food/coffee nearby and it's close enough for a quick refuel at the bp before the start of the ride. We could call the Wednesday Night Lygon Poseur Ride! :biker:

8. Kitju Kat good on your for posting this thread as it's instigated 2 more rides to be added to the weekly calendar. Now the only day with no ride is Friday. Maybe also in the future there could be a few other classes of rides catering to riders with different skill levels for the weekends too.

9. Thanks. Really have you and Ed to thank for actually organizing the ride nights and meet spots. I have been on both a few times and had really great nights!

10. and you still don't know the way

11. I'm terrible k

12. No need for thanks as all I did was make the opening post so it is now a netrider ride for all level 1-3 riders to benefit. Hopefully once the weather clears up we'll start getting good numbers again.