Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is there much diiference between 150cc and 200cc?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by scarebeobug74, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Hi,
    I am in the market for a scooter. I am interested in the aprilia scarabeo. Does anyone know if there is much difference between the 150cc and 200cc?
    I might be purchasing one from owner that is selling a 150cc for $3400, it is a 2005, its in good condition and only has 1500 miles on it. I also found one at a scooter store selling for $3599 brand new.but it is 200cc. The new one seems like a better deal, but I am wondering if the engine will be to big for me to handle. :wink: Thank you for helping,

2. about 50cc, i think.
  3. ya beat me to it!

for the extra $400 buy new - obviously you get a warranty and the extra 50cc will give you more torque and midrange, which will mean the bike doesn't have to work as hard to pull your ass around and in theory might make it a little more reliable..

OR you could put that $4k towards a real motorbike instead of a moped..
  4. nah more like 33.3%
  5. .. or 3.051 cu inches :wink:
  6. I've told you before "that IS 6 inches"
  7. Only 200 bucks extra for larger, brand new machine? It's a non-brainer: go for the new one.
    Don't worry about these extra 50cc, it will NOT be too much for you to handle no matter how little experience you have. I mean, if you really can't handle 200cc scooter you probably shouldn't ride at all... but that is truly rare. You'll be fine.
  8. Thanks ya'll. I think I will just get the new one. :grin: