Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is there a TV show for bikes

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by zears, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Is there a TV show for bikes that do for bikes what top gear does for cars?

and dont say 5th gear cause thats not great and mostly about cars :p

2. heaps mate, new fox channels turbo max shows a few and the aurora channel also shows 1 or 2
  3. There is (allegedly) the netrider.net.au guys, albeit delivered via DVD quarterly rather than TV weekly.

I say allegedly as they are yet to release anything other than online articles as far as I am aware, in the two-ish (?) years they've been around. They've been 'editing the first DVD and shooting the second' that whole time :p
  4. On CH31 there's Two-Wheeled Torque. Haven't watched CH31 for a while but I really liked that show.
  5. I think it's safe to say that ship has sailed... and that's a pity, a regular DVD zine would've been awesome! They used to have some pretty good articles and reviews on their site as well, but it is rarely updated now - from memory, the most recent article at the moment was posted mid-november.

They also have a forum but as it is members-only access (stupid for a forum, does anyone ever subscribe to a forum without checking it out first? I know I don't!) there's no way of knowing how active that is, or indeed whether it's still there at all.
  6. What this is really saying is "there is an opening for some enterprising young enthusiasts to produce such a program on a regular basis and get it out there on youtube or similar"

BTW...imho....ch31, 2wheeltorque....'amateur hour' is being kind....just my 2 cents
  7. That's probably because it is amateur. :)

It falls a bit flat (although it's been a while since I watched it) but you have to respect the dedication of a group of (non-professional) people who are prepared to put the effort in to produce a weekly half hour show.

I've always had the impression that if anyone was to get in touch and offer to assist that you'd be welcomed.
  8. Theres a show on Turbo Max called Twist The Throttle, Mondays at either 8:30 or 9:30 PM...
  9. They're WAY too busy slagging netrider and trying to fit as many swear words/abuse into each sentence as possible. :nopity:
  10. NO,,Bikes dont watch TV you idiot.