Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is the Spada motor EXACTLY the same as the VTR250?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by dwainz, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Hi all,

I guess the topic heading says it all. Can anyone tell me the differences between the Spada and the vtr motors? I'm not worried about gearbox, etc.

Just the motor.

Just that it's a bit tricky sourcing parts and if I can just ask for vtr bits at the shop then that'll be cool.

In particular: is the vtr oil filter exactly the same as the spada oil filter?

Much appreciated
  2. I beleive most parts are the same.... haven't needed to do anything to my Spada yet but i do have the item codes for the air and oil filter for the SPADA at home.

i could be mistaken though so a more experienced view may be able to tell you more... all i know so far is that the bike runs like a dream and is a barrel of fun!!

But if you've got a SPADA you know this already :grin:
  3. Get yourself a parts manual for your bike, note down the part numbers & then run them through this site http://www.bike-parts.fr/recherche_piece.php
    This will tell you what bikes the part is common to & what countries they were delivered to -so you can then hop on the disinformation superhighway & order up large, or simply head down to your local Honda dealer
  4. I always ask for VT250 parts as when I mention Spada many shops don't know what I'm talking about and can't find any information on their systems. I believe the oil filter is the same though. I need to get one today at lunch so Ill post the part number this arvo for you.
  5. oil filter part number is

This is the genuine Honda one.
  6. They've never heard of the Spada? How comforting. :roll:
  7. I always seem to get the same tired line. "Must be a private import, we dont stock parts for it".