Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News Is the Kawasaki Ninja H2 A Good First Bike?

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Jun 30, 2015.

1. I’ve been wanting to buy my first motorbike for a while now but nothing has quite caught my eye. That was until Kawasaki announced the Ninja H2. I love cars with superchargers (like the ones on The Fast and the Furious) so I knew I had to get an H2. I know I could get a Busa or a Fireblade for cheaper, but my father is giving me the money to get the H2.

My dad’s really good like that. He wasn’t around much as a kid and I only see him when I need some cash these days, but he’s always generous and gives me everything I want. He’s all you’d want in a father I suppose. Anyway, he did raise one good point that perhaps I should start out on a normal literbike for my first motorcycle, just to be safe. What do you think?

Yours sincerely, Chaz McGuire.

Hi Chaz, thanks for your email. It’s good to see that your father is looking out for you. He raises an interesting question about whether you should get a normally aspirated literbike or start out with or an H2 straight away. Chaz, you sound like a likable fellow and I’m sure you’re a real winner at life, so here’s a number of reasons why we think the Kawasaki Ninja H2 would be a great first bike for you.

1. You won’t need to change gears

The top speed of the Ninja H2 is limited to 300 kph. It’s geared so that you don’t have to shift into second gear until you’re well past 100 kph. That means you don’t have to worry about changing gears – think of it like an automatic motorcycle. That’s good news for you Chaz, as shifting gears can be hard for people like you and takes away the focus on looking cool.

2. You can speed out of trouble

Chaz, the Kawasaki Ninja H2 produces a massive 210 horsepower – almost more than any other street-legal production bike. That means should the police try and pull you over for not wearing a helmet, you can speed away from them no problem. Sure, you’ll need to change gears but you’ll be able to work it out – necessity is the mother of invention (or learning to change gears on a motorcycle).

3. It’s supercharged

How many people do you know Chaz that can say that their first motorcycle was supercharged? Maybe a few, but you and I both know they’d be lying. Your friends probably ride wimpy first bikes like R6’s or GSX-R750’s. Lame! The best way to learn to ride supercharged motorcycles is to own one. You’re almost at the first step!

4. It’s practical

Some may think the Ninja H2 is just a track weapon, but for you Chaz it makes sense as a daily rider. You probably won’t ever take it to the track, or even the drag strip but don’t let that stop you from getting the H2. When you think about it, the H2 is just like every other motorcycle. Sure, you can’t carry a pillion and there’s no storage space, but you can always stuff the milk and bread from the corner store down the front of your jacket.

In our view, the H2 makes a perfect bike for lane splitting too. Lane splitting is always easier when you’ve got a supercharger. You’ll be able to get through peak hour traffic like it’s standing still – which it probably is!

5. Like the Apple Watch, it’s super technomological

The H2 has all sorts of great stuff. It has traction control (you won’t need it), launch control (but then you can’t wheelie from the traffic lights), ABS brakes (but then you can’t do cool skids), and a quick shifter (it’s like V-TEC). You won’t need any of these things Chaz, but it’s nice to know they’re there.

6. It will make you a better rider

Do you think the best riders in the world started out on tiny dirt bikes or small capacity road bikes? Of course not, Chaz. They went straight to the big toys and learned from there because they’re awesome. You’re awesome too, Chaz and there’s no way to be a better rider than to get one of the fastest motorcycles available today.

So there you have it, Chaz. I’m sure no matter what we said you would have ended up buying a Ninja H2 with your dad’s money, but it’s also no doubt good for you to have some positive reinforcement of what will perhaps be your last major decision in your life.

Continue reading...
    • Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. good one!
    I was lucky enough to chat with a guy that just picked his up on the weekend.
    It looks mint in real life! The black is magical!
    He was on his way back from picking it up and had 4 kms on it! thumb_IMG_7269_1024.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. 4kms to the first fuel fill? Stingy dealership!!
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Saw the H2R in at the local dealership which was awaiting it's new owner to come pick her up for track day prep... looked amazing!
  5. I have a dream bike list, but if I did, this would be on it. People only see the 210HP and say so what? It's heavy and a litre bike will be just as fast. They forget about torque and how flat the power band is! Plus it sounds so damn amazing!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. That black akra pipe though, God damn!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. blimey.. that pulled away quick
  8. #8 malJohann, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    Kind of makes me wonder what the Vyrus 987 C3 4VV can do with its supercharged 211bhp 1198 Testastretta Evo engine at 80kg lighter than the Kwaka!
  9. wow, they've gone for function over form :D

10. Who changed my name to chaz mcguire in that article ;)
    I saw an H2 two weekends ago...looked brand spankin new too. Hot looking bike...
    Now would this be a ninja that we don't have to call a whinja?
  11. Yep, they say a picture is worth thousand words, well pictures cannot completely describe h2. You just have to see it for yourself. It is just amazing . The paint job is shinier than the wedding ring. I saw one today at the kwaka shop in Brissy. Looked down my shirt, realising how much I drooled over myself :) imagine sitting on and rolling that out of the shop. I guess who ever buys that beast won't asks us which helmet he or she should buy :)
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Depends, do Yoshi do a pipe for it? :p

You wouldn't hear anyone complaining anyway, they wouldn't be able to stay with you long enough on that lol
  13. Cheeky sod! :)
    Mighty fine looking bike. I eyed one off a few weeks back...stroked it a few times with a glint in the eye...told it was mine for $37k...
  14. I thought the ZX10R was amazingly loud, especially the way it makes you feel as if someone just kicked you in the chest when it goes past. H2 is a complete different story.
  15. With thick-heeled boots included in the deal? I'd go for it if I were you, might be your last chance...
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. When I bought my brand new Kawasaki the salesman said never to put shell fuel in it as it will ruin the engine... Is this theory true.
  17. Shell was responsible for blowing up a few motorcycle engines about 10 years ago.

This is not the case anymore and your salesperson is a twit.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ive heard a few people say this, but I run shell in my ducati (premium of course) and haven't had an issue
  19. There was also a new fuel Shell release in the 80s that destroyed a few engines. Again, no problems with the current stuff.
  20. I think they should have called them the H2R (for the track) and the 2HR (for the road), cos I reckon that's how long it would take me to lose my license, assuming of course that I survived that long.
    • Funny Funny x 1