Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is the GPX250 engine interchangeable with the zzr250?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by L0Ki, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Hi, I having a brain snap. I can't for life of me remember whether they are or not. I know there the basic same engine but will the zzr250 engine be able to bolt straight into the GPX250 frame? Like will the engine mounts line up with the holes on the engine?

Thanks, just wanna make sure before i go buying one.

2. I don't know for certain, but they should be a straight swap.

3. They are in fact identical.

4. +1 what i was guna say.

5. New engine on a '98 GPX? What have you done to it :eek:

6. He didn't have to do anything to it. It's a Kwaka, just thinking about hard work makes them explode.

7. I did nothing to the 98. It;s the 88 one i had for spare parts and got back going that needs it.

The engine I'm looking at is broken and i just need the bottom end from it and maybe the crank cases. The head could be used too.

I think i mentioned it elsewhere but the engine the 88 was going after i put it all back together then it snapped a camshaft and in the process detroyed a rocker arm and a cam journal so new head is needed as well as the other parts.

Thanks for the help too :)