Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is Swann Insurance losing the plot ?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Mickyb V9, Jul 6, 2006.

1. . . or is it me ?

I come home tonight and checking the mail I have an insurance renewal notice from Swann !

I'm a little confused because its a 6mth renewal from July 06 to Jan 07 !
    I'm not aware you can have 6mth insurance policies !! :?

So I take out my original paperwork when i bought the bike.
    It clearly says Period of Cover - 10/2/06 to 10/2/07 !!!

But then i bought my bike on 10 March 06 . . . i've just noticed that they wrote the date wrong ! :LOL: . . its only taken me 4mths to pick it up !

So, back to the Renewal . . . have they f'ed up ? Can 6mth comprehensive insurance be taken in NSW ??? or am I missing something ????

2. They can shorten the period of cover.

I paid my renewal to QBE for 12 months cover after getting a quote after an off.

They agreed not to raise my premium.

Then when it went through where ever it goes through they decided that no, I can't have the same premium, it is now doubled. 6 months later they sent me a renewal.

Many phone calls/complaints/ombudsman later they agreed to the initial premium.

My wife short paid my security licence once, I swear she can usually read but this time the brain fart was large. They phoned me and they shortened the duration of my licence. You had 3 licence terms available to you 1,2,3 years, nothing else. She paid enough to get me through 2.5 years. So it can be done I suppose if they want to.
  3. Just call Swann and ask them what they are doing. The period of cover on your policy says ... Why have they sent you a renewal?
  4. their dead in the water thats why... plus they are completley understaffed and not interested in people anymore...

half way down...