Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

is nsr150 like most other 2 strokers?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by livingstonest, Jan 14, 2006.

1. hey guys this bike on ebay caught my eye. it looks like a reasonable price? i've read on this forum about aprilia's 125 and a few other 2 strokers but not much on this particular bike.

can anyone comment on it? is it like the aprilia 125? weaker/stronger? does this bike type have anything wrong with it in particular? common problems?

any comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. i would buy an aprilla 125, compared to the 150 from honda, which has a pretty poor build quality
  3. Despite having a Honda badge I'm fairly sure the NSR150 was built in Thailand and/or Indonesia so build quality will likely be an issue.
  4. hmmm.........i've just finished reading up on forum searches on the nsr150

due to the above comments on quality and other threads i think i'll pass on this one
  5. I've never seen one of these advertised with more than 15'000km's on them.

I'm sure there's a good reason for this :)

They're very cheap, but that's because no-one wants them.

Aprilia's on the other hand are not cheap, and have an excellent reputation.
  6. They are built in Thailand.

They were the first to produce a mechanical mozzie :LOL:
  7. it's a TINY bike built for TINY people, avoid unless you are Haggis' size :LOL:
  8. its a thai built bike. you could do better with just about anything. try a whipper snipper.