Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is my front tyre on backwards?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by im.on.it, May 25, 2007.

1. I just noticed this, the arrows are pointing in different directions.

2. yes it is.

Some racers run them like that on purpose though
  3. afaik, the arrow indicates the rotational direction of the tyre, in your case it is backwards. :shock:
  4. I'm no racer. I'm thinking it's kinda bad for wet conditions.
  5. i suggest bring it back to the fitter and have it corrected, for peace of mind u know ;)
  6. :rofl:
    Nee, the guy that fitted the tyre must have known you get lost often and do alot of back tracking :wink:
  7. All sorted. arrows now match up. Thanks Vic for that fast response, managed to catch the tyre fitters before they closed.

**Note anyone with Pirelli Diablos the pitchfork wear indicators do not point in the direction of travel. The arrow on the side wall actually tell us that.

:roll: You'd think a tyre fitter would know that.

Caz: I'll pay that.
  8. lol Nee...what is it with you and round things that go the wrong way? :LOL: :p

10 points for spotting it though. :grin:
  9. Whoo, lucky catch dude.
  10. Wow that kinda worries me, Im glad you picked it up.
  11. What do you expect when dealerships/mechanics pay monkeys minimum wage to do this sort of work?
    Good catch, and a good reminder that we are ultimately responsible for our bikes, and to check everything anyone does to them!

Regards, Andrew.