Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is Motogp.com the worst website ever?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by cejay, Aug 15, 2008.

1. coded by 12yo's who think that bloated is good, with a pipe that looks to be no wider than a few 33.6k modems in parallel, this site is giving me the absolute shits. I seriously have never seen a website so overladen with rubbish. At the recent revamp they trumpeted how 'improved' it was, but all they did was take away the bits that worked and replaced them with heavyweight shit instead.

I particularly love the sign on process. It rememembers who you are and gives you every indication you are logged in, until you actually try to access a part of the site that requires your subscription. Then it tells you that you need to be logged in to access that function. Which of course you were (or at least it seemed)...

Rant over.

2. And then be ready for all the spam that your inbox is continously bombarded with. :evil:
  3. OH god yes Cejay, it's a f*cking shocker.

I subscribed last year, it was a pain in the arse every time I logged on.

I even sent them emails telling them how shitful it was and that I'd never pay a dime to visit again until they sorted that crap out. There's no excuse in this day and age, it's an insult to the eye and the intelligence.
  4. I have a Motogp subscription. I recieve no spam from them. All I want is their massively bloated and overweight website to load quickly and the streaming content I pay for to stream at a bit rate that allows me to watch their content.
  5. They actually improved it. Briefly. For a week. Then they added all their useless shite to it. Just to slow it down.
  6. I stopped visiting it about 2 years ago.

It was painful back then and i refuse to deal with a shit site.

I have enough trouble with this one :p
  7. I don't know what it is with Italian based websites but all the ones that I visit or have visited all seem to be slow as treacle.

MotoGP and WSBK are the two main sites and both seem slow to me, even on a DSL2+ connection.

What I find annoying is that they don't have race schedules online, Or if they do they have turned searching for them into something akin to a secret navigation trial or mystery tour.

Links to results don't appear to be obvious ones, either.

One of the things that, for a world championship where the "world" supposedly gets to watch it, is a lack of local times v other time zones. Say you're trying to work out when Race 2 of the Supers or when the MotoGP race is to start, then it's often difficult to work out when it is YOUR time.

Well, for me it is.
  8. I tried a few times years ago but was on a dial-up connection in the country. I never got close to loading a page successfully...

Edit: It seems much better now...but still crappy. :(
  9. The worst is when you cannot watch the race in medium quality because they do not have enough bandwidth so you have to make do with low quality that is crap!

For some reason I liked the older sites layout, a lot of the features went when they changed to the new.
  10. They replied

To which they replied

11. Moto GP... the Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic (with leg shields) of web sites :LOL:
  12. yep, it shits me too.
  13. Motogp did make huge gains in this. It has a 'local' and 'your' time option that's very easy to use. WorldSBK has their schedule in the 'local' time on the front page.

The general site performance I find slow. The page reload time takes ages, when a similarly loaded page from another OS site loads in a fraction of the time. I find it funny that they say it works great from 'their end'. Well, of course it does! They're probably in the same building as the hosted servers and if not, would likely have a thick pipe to wherever it is hosted.

Perhaps they should try it outside of their own or providers network. And definitely try it another continent.
  14. Well wasn't that a very nice "suck shit" response.

...yeh, of course it's very normal for users to not like the changes, when the changes suck! LMAO

Good work Cejay.
  15. It's a bad site that just got worse and doesn't do the sport any justice. Give them heaps Cejay.
  17. nice, but i would have slipped fcuk and **** in there somewhere.
  18. Give them the f & c for sure. No problems getting out of Australia.

Tracing route to motogp.com []
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms
    2 13 ms 13 ms 12 ms lns3.mel6.internode.on.net []
    3 13 ms 12 ms 13 ms gi1-3.cor1.mel6.internode.on.net []
    4 182 ms 183 ms 183 ms pos6-3.bdr1.syd7.internode.on.net []
    5 182 ms 182 ms 182 ms pos5-0.bdr1.sjc2.internode.on.net []
    6 349 ms 432 ms * ge-6-20.car3.SanJose1.Level3.net []
    7 194 ms 182 ms 183 ms vlan99.csw4.SanJose1.Level3.net []
    8 189 ms 182 ms 182 ms ae-94-94.ebr4.SanJose1.Level3.net []
    9 261 ms 252 ms 251 ms ae-2.ebr4.NewYork1.Level3.net []
    10 251 ms 252 ms 252 ms ae-74-74.csw2.NewYork1.Level3.net []