Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is it possible to rego a bike for only 6 months in NSW?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by thecptn, Feb 14, 2008.

1. A work mate of mine said it is, just wondering if its true, if thats the case, is the green slip cost halved? *crosses fingers*

Im asking cos greenslip costs at the moment is like being raped with a cactus...not that I would condone such behaviour.

2. only for licensed motor traders.
  3. AH...bummer :( :cry:

Thanks any way.
  4. I owned a car yard a few years back, we used to get the 3 and 6 month concessions, but i dont think the public get the same deal.

I'll say the answers No.
  5. last time i registered my car, (november) the person behind the counter did mention that they are going to introduce 6 month registrations in NSW. altho if you have to buy two greenslips in any given 12 month period i am sure like normal insurance like pay by the month , it will indeed cost you more. over the 12 months
  6. I think its changing sometime this year so that you can(3 months, 6 months and 12 months). Along with not having to get a pink slip on your car until its 5 years old.

I remember reading it somewhere but im not too sure. I'll see if i can find it.
  7. Found it Click here

EDIT: My mistake its only for cars and light vehicles. But anyway.
    Double EDIT: It's actually for motorcycles going by comments below.

Quoted from article for your convenience:

8. LOKi, It may included motorbikes aswell, they seem to leave the discription out when printing articles for the mass's!
  9. a motorcycle is classed as a light vehcile