Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is it my imagination.....or am I losing my PM?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Untame_me, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Oh-God-O-Moderators and Administrators...(mouth, flipper??)

I realised today that I received a PM notification at my work email before the long weekend...and when logging on netrider, I didn't receive any PM.

This is the second time it happened to me.....the first time was the last time netrider dot com dot au played up...I think around christmas time.

The PMs could be really important......I could be invited to a really cool party........:'( :'(

Does anyone else have this problem? Can anybody clarify?? (mouth, flipper?)

(and no, my inbox is not completely full)....
  2. Nope, not your imagination. Best thing is to copy important stuff to your e-mail account.
  3. Nova,

Thanks, I lost some PMs probably due to my inbox being large, however this is another problem that I have is:

I got notification that I have a new PM....but when I log on, there is NO new PM at all....

This happened twice.
  4. Yes it is!, or there is some other explanation. It's not possible for PM's to be 'lost' unless we have a database corruption.

Untame, as I told you last time you asked about this issue, attach the full email (including headers) in an email to netrider@netrider.net.au that advised you that you had a new PM and we will look into it. Nothing we can do to advise you what the issue is until we have the email advisory with headers.
  5. Nnnoooooooooooo................... :'( :'(

Netrider dot come dot au has became my addiction...and is this the price I have to pay??

Someone has to set up Netriderholic Anonymous....(NA)

Mouth, really? I can't recall I've asked about this issue previously....see what this addiction has on me?........will do.

Mouth....How about when the above happens then?

And how about when the inbox gets too full....will the new PM that couldn't arrive due to big inbox, get lost eventually (if I don't cut my inbox size)?
  6. Its happened to me twice.
  7. Correct. Once a person sends a PM, it goes into their outbox until which time as it's read by teh recipient. If the sender deletes it from their outbox (which means the recipient hasn't read it yet), then the recipient will never see it.

All new PM's arrive. If you have reached the inbox limit, the system will automatically remove old inbox items to make room for the new inbox items.
  8. What the?.......why below when I tried to send an email to netrider@netrider.net.au

Delivery Failure Report
    Your document: Re: New Private Message has arrived.......please look into No.1
    was not delivered to: jason@localhost
    because: 550 Error: Your email program uses "=20" instead of spaces. Please correct this (try setting your mail program to use plain text) and resend your message.

I think you ought to give out your mobile number for on-call emergencies..... :p :p