Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is it legal to sell a bike in Victoria without a RWC?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by VapourLock, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Hi all,

Simple question. Is it legal to sell a bike in Victoria without a RWC?

As far as I understand, it's not legal, but it's not all that uncommon for people to do anyway. (buyer beware!)

+ VapourLock

2. Ok, so it looks like my understanding of that is correct, in that it's not legal to sell a bike in Vic without a RWC.

So, now I'm wondering why a post I put in this topic:

letting the seller (rudey) know it isn't legal to sell a bike in Vic without a roadworthy, was silently removed from the thread. Only found out because a friend mentioned to me the post was no longer there.

Seems kind of strange that a post trying to help people do the right and not get into trouble was removed!?!?!?! :shock:
  3. I believe this will be removed also as it is in the wrong area.
  4. Heh, it's also directly of relevance to people selling their bike though. :)
  5. It can be done just get the form off to VicRoads in 14 days of the acquisition as my experience shows as I did not get in trouble. Why make another thread when you knew of the other one?
  6. I'm at work and there is no one buying bikes so I'll waste some time and move threads that are placed in the wrong spot. :p

You can sell a bike without a RWC. No problems at all. Providing you cancel the registration.

If the bike in question has had the registration canceled then, in order to re-register that bike, it must be booked into vicroads for an inspection. ($33.35)
    You need to provide VR with a RWC & proof of ownership in order to have it registered.

Simple really.
  7. It's an attention seeking thing :rofl: