Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is it Gixxer or Jixxer??? How do you say it???

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by stinkfinger, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Well there is a big "debate" about how you say Gixxer...

Is it Gixxer: Said with a G as in Garage and Gas etc...

Or is it Gixxer (Jixxer): Said with a G (or J) like Generator or Jail etc...

:wink: :wink:

2. Love your user name - brings back memories of this movie I watched a long time ago, Hot chick...... LOL!!!!

p.s - as this is an abbreviation for the model GSXR - It would be logical to pressume this would be pronounced with a 'G" - GIXXER!!

3. Yeah, but is the G pronounced like 'Good' or like 'George'. I have always wondered this as well.
  4. The only way I have ever heard it pronounced is "Jixxer", as in the G makes the J sound i.e "Gaol" (Jail).

edit: Spud Gun, Like "George"
  5. I pronounce it as if it were a "J"
    Because i think of it as if you are saying the initials realy fast G.S.X.R

and last I heard a "G" is pronounce jee like in gee wiz not gee as in Ghee (you know the lard like stuff made from milk fat).
  6. Gixxer: Said with a G as in Garage and Gas etc...

That's how I say it...
  7. WTF! Where is this big debate?

The term is derived from the letters g-s-x-r, and if said quickly (or just lazily) it sounds a little like gixxer.

It is pronounced with the first letter sounding like a 'J' if you want stay faithful to the heritage...
  8. down the local the other night.....with all the gixxer boys :wink:

it was a bit of a Jixxer anyway.... :LOL:

if you say G S X R "fast" you still say the G first not a J
  9. I've always said gixxer with the g sounding like a J Ive never heard anyone say it with the G sounding like a G
  10. What?! I give up.
  11. Me too, until this thread started that is!
  12. I used to think it was G pronounced 'Go' as opposed to the 'J' sounding 'G'. Gixxer (Jixxer) just sounds like some character of dubious virtue. How is it pronounced fenetically? Is it G-S-X-R said as a word (4 syllables)? Or said 'Jix-er' (2 syllables)?
  13. I've only ever heard it said this way.

Not really like it matters though, it's not a real word.
  14. While were at it !

Is it Viffer or Veffer when saying VFR really fast ??? :LOL:

No Kiwi explanations please !!
  15. I pronounce Gixxer with a F
  16. you say it jixxer and spell it gixxer

love the english language....
  17. "Gee Ex Ess Arrgh"
  18. sounds :wink: like your saying it in slow motion
  19. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You got it wrong too!

"Gee Ess Ex Arrgh" (GSX-R)

GIXXER :)