Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

is it fair ?????

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by barn, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Barn (my boyfriend) calls me stunt rider and then chuckles......
    just because i got a little claustraphobic doing my first night ride by myself, turned into the drive (home at last) a tad too fast, and had to dump the the gpx on grass so it didn't take out the fence.......
    he even chuckled (after all i was ok) when i had to go helmet in hand and ask him for help to get it off the grass..... :oops:

2. That gave me a chuckle to Barn....been there, done that but it was on a CR500 and I couldn't touch the ground to stop....HE didn't get there in time :wink: :)

BTW, where abouts in South Gippsland are you? There will be a Gippy coffee meet and ride coming up in a couple of weeks, and all level of riders are welcome. Learners are encouraged to come too :grin:
  3. Hey Barn, been there done that got the t-shirt (showin off to the kids) :oops:
    :LOL: . Try n tell me the boyfreind has never done somethin like that :p
  4. learning on the farm, I think I hit/ran over/went trhrough pretty much everything until I was finally relegated to the back paddock to wreak my destruction.
    One memorable occasion I ended up nailing the throttle instead of the front brake and went straight through the fly wire door into the kitchen.....
    Having said that a "power slide" onto the front lawn must have looked pretty good!!
    :grin: :grin:
  5. Bahaha! :LOL:
  6. laugh you may, but rest assured it pales into insignificance when compared to other "life" experiences.

We all start somewhere and sometimes, the best lessons learned are the hard ones......as long as it's only pride that gets hurt.
  7. Yeh it was hilarious. I just hope I don't powerslide into my kitchen.. especially so since its upstairs :?
  8. cruisingal korumburra is where we're we live as i understand it u met j cooper the other day on the prom ride wev'e just got back from the jindabine loop and had a ball he is along time friend of mine and we got a bit of every thing on the trip as in road/ ride conditions . please let us know where & when your coffee met is on and we will try and get there .cheers barn
  9. Hey Barn, I wanted to go on that but the Man of the House couldn't cope for 3 nights on his own with the kids :LOL:

If you're a friend of J's then we should get along :wink: Lovely bloke.

We are looking at having the next coffee meet out your way somewhere, as it's a bit closer for the Melbourne riders. It will be posted up in the next couple of days.

Hope you had a top ride and look forward to meeting up with you. :grin: