Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

is it any good?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by fingers89, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Hey all,

I was just wonderign if the fuchs titanium brand of chain lube is any good. So far i think its alright, but id like to get some feed back from others on netrider. Its the factory look alike stuff (i.e a white gel) instead of a fluid. seems to hold on well.

just interested to know what ya think, and if you dont like it, your recomendations for the next time i buy.

cheers fingers89
  2. Having a discussion on chain lube is like having a discussion on tires, everyone seems to swear by the particular brand they use... personally using Motul at the minute, all the same shit by and large though I reckon.

Keep an eye on the thred and you'll soon be hearing about the benefits of Scott oilers and then the paraffin waxers come out of the woodwork etc etc

After that usually the ones that use chain saw lube come out of the woodwork, not sure who's after them, never followed the discussion to the end :D
  3. Yep works great, was recommended to me by the local bike shop who reckon it's the best chain lube currently available.
  4. The problem I have with heavy grease or wax type lubes is that they hold dirt and dust, and turn it into a grinding paste.....which is why I like lighter oil type lubes, whichj you can "flush off" regularly with RP-7 and more light lube, taking the grit with the old lube.

Regards, Andrew.
  5. Tried that theory - found that thin oils wash off easily with rain, the chain rusts and you need to replace it early. Waxy lubes like the silkolene wash off fine with a bit of kerosene if they pick up too much dust and dirt.