Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is it a boy or a girl?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by TarmacSamurai, Sep 23, 2007.

1. This thread https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40927 about naming bikes got me thinking. How do you decide if your bike is a girl or a boy? Does it vary from bike to bike or are all bikes a single gender in your mind?

2. Females have internal organs, eg:

Whilst males have large external organs, eg.:

You can get a sex change, but they're frowned upon. There are also some deformed males with two organs.
  3. Mine has caused me lots of trouble and cost me lots of money

It is so definitely a boy, and named "The Evil One"

It doesn't run right
    Got knocked over by a car
    Broke down
    And I think it's trying to fall over is how I hurt my hip which I now have to have an op on

And it's only 18months old
  4. Vehicles always seem female to me. Perhaps it's because they always cost money if you want to keep using them? :LOL:
  5. tanya - throughout the history of 2-wheels powered by internal combustion engine, it is common knowledge that those symptoms point much more accurately to your bike being female ;) :p :p
  6. This definitely sounds like a chick to me.
  7. When they aren't working properly, they are surely women....

Regards, Andrew.
  8. tanya's bike is a fella!

the bastard slapped her up a bit, now she needs a doctor.

he's in competent, unreliable, jebus! thats a man. what what you fall in love with guys.

as for every other boat car and horse,

it's a woman! [not the horse :>]

the french refer to objects as male of female with la and le. la table is female table. dont know which is what or what the male things are but i do know that vehcles are female...exept tanyas.

9. Vehicles are like females, expensive to maintain, and will always cause you pain :grin:
  10. there is no gender, no he or she, its lifeless, made from metal and plastic.
  11. Usually the bike is the opposite sex. How many straight guys do you know who would be riding a male vehicle? They would be looked upon as gay hence guys will name them as sheilas. Women tend to name their vehicles male. I'd know I'd rather be riding a bloke than a sheila :wink:
  12. Female!! from the old tradition that Ships are always female's...

plus I'd feel weird riding a bloke... :shock: :oops: :LOL:
  13. You should try chicks mate, they're built for comfort!
  14. If it has wheels or boobies, it will give you trouble someday. Bikes are probably female, on that basis.
  15. a woman, because when someone else touches her, her alarm cries and I have to come to the rescue. poor helpless little thing + I wouldn't ride a man.
  16. Definately female.... unless you're like this guy

17. Let's hope that nobody except that guy is like that guy!

18. dang

Isn't that photo the origins of the patented harley engine noise?

Bikes are all female, except when you get them up.

Viragos are she-males.
  19. Exactly. I enjoy mounting mine too much.

I would be crushed if I found out it was a male. :shock: :LOL: :LOL: