Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is golf the most humiliating sport?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Check out the current leader-board for the Masters at Augusta, and see the BIG names lurking down near the bottom of the pack!!! Larry Mize is, I think, a previous winner (??) and he's on +14, 22 shots behind the leaders!!

2. I would imagine midget throwing might be more humiliating...
    especially when you have a woeful throwing arm...
    I just can't post a serious post can I... what the fcuk is wrong with me? :shock:
  3. Why did they call it golf? Because all the other four-letter words were already taken.
  4. Golf - a good walk, ruined.

Golf - Hit the ball.... Find the ball.... Hit the ball.
  5. Correct, Mize won in 87, beating Greg Norman in a play off.

Won his first tournament in 83 - so Paul, how many jobs have you had in 25 years :wink:

I play golf twice a year related to work - even Ambrose is boring...

But give me Happy Gilmour Golf and I'd play once a month :cool:
  6. I play the backward version of Golf called Flog which is how good I am at this infuriating sport.
  7. I wasn't criticising Larry Mize, Alex, just remarking on the spread of big names through the entire leaderboard....
  8. Paul - AFAIK, you win one major and you can play in them as long as you want.

Player, Palmer and Nicklaus all played the majors passed their prime and missed many cuts - but the punters wanted them there.
  9. Nup.