Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is anyone here likely to get either of these?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by devonuto, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Reevu Helmet

2. Reverse Rotating Rotors

0 vote(s)
  1. I've been following the evolution of these two motorcylcing developments for a while now and am seriously considering the helmet as they should be released in AUS soon, but I was just wondering about other people's thoughts on them.

2. Reevu is a nifty idea.

The rear view system on Reevu helmets works on the same principle as the rear view mirror on a car windshield.

Our testers have commented that eventually you are able to maintain awareness of the road ahead and behind without making a conscious effort.

This quite simply transforms your cycling experience. We encourage wearers to make that all- important check over their shoulders before manoeuvres.
  3. Dont know about the lids but I would definately put those rotors on me bike especially when I get my blade in the distant future :grin:
  4. Reverse rotors, bam!
  5. I don't know if I'd get either, but I'd be prepared to investigate further... especially that rear-view helmet - but I'd have a lot of questions first, such as:

how much weight and size does it add compared to a regular helmet? what about the added complexity and possible break down of that mirror system? How easy would it be to fix, adjust or replace?

could it get just too confusing? In a car the mirror is smaller and further away from your face, making it easier to 'tune out' if required...

glare from headlights behind could be an issue, despite their claim to the contrary... especially in a busy city environment with lots of cars everywhere (so turning your head doesn't help much). I'd like some independent opinion on that one!

I'm not trying to slam the idea; in fact I think it is interesting. I'd just need more information (probably a trial run of my own) to make up my mind.
  6. The helmet looks interesting. Will be sure to check them out.
  7. those rotors look interesting
  8. i'm interested in the reevu helmet but its distribution to the public is taking foreverrrrrrr. if they get them out in the next two or three months when i'm in the market for a new helmet they might get a sale out of me.
  9. Wow with a helmet like that you wouldn't need mirrors on your bike and you would still see when kinkybinky is going to buzz you !! :grin:

I would definatly be interested in one, assuming they don't cost more that my bike.

Not to sure about the rotors, they are new and different and I like old and same same. :grin:
  10. I emailed them a while back and they told me to epect them to cost around the AUD$600 mark once they're released in Australia. Assuming they pass our safety tests.
  11. Both interesting, did anyone see the HUD some guy has invented I think in the UK. It gives you speed and gear at the moment but it will soon give indicators as well and the best bit a GPS in the HUD with voice command. It was on Beyond tommorrow i think?

Who know they will cost half a house when they do get here, if they do?
  12. I fidn both of these ideas very interesting but it'll totally depend on the cost.
  13. Yeah, I saw that. And since then I also saw another review on http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3181&Page=1 and another one here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/heads-up-display/ . The device seems moderately useful, but installing it would be a bit too much farting around for my liking. If it came pre-installed with the bike, that would be another matter! GPS is planned, but for now all you get is speed, rpms, gear and optional interface to a radar detector, if you have a compatible one installed.
    It costs just over U$300, so probably double that by the time it gets here.
  14. thats what i was gonna post about... :grin: .. thats definately a good idea being able to see speed fuel indicator & rpm would be great in perepherial vision. :grin:
  15. The helmet looks very interesting.

I'd only consider the rotors if they came fitted with fooly sikk LEDs, maaate. :LOL:
  16. Like it says in the second article its quality is that of a first generation device, so I would be waiting but I love the idea of a voice activated GPS in a HUD :)