Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Irish Border Guards

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' at netrider.net.au started by TonyE, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Five Englishmen are in an Audi Quattro.

They arrive at the Irish border checkpoint between Northern and Eire. Paddy, the officer-in-charge, stops them and tells them: " ' fraid it's illegal to put five people in a Quattro."

"What do you mean it is illegal?" asked the Englishmen.

"Quattro means four" replies Paddy.

"Quattro is just the name of the automobile," the Englishmen retort disbelievingly. "Look at the papers: this car is designed to carry five persons."

"Oi! You can't pull that one on me," replies Paddy. "Quattro means four. You have five people in your car and are therefore breaking the law."

The Englishman replies angrily, "You idiot! Call your Manager over - I want to speak with someone with more bloody intelligence!!!"

"Sorry," replies Paddy, " 'fraid Murphy is busy with two guys in a Fiat Uno."

2. Does the Ethnic Affairs Commission know about this spate of jokes about other nationalities, Tony??

3. Paul,

I'm pretty safe with ethnic jokes from almost anywhere in the British Isles. :LOL:

My Surname is Welsh and my mother's family were from Cork and Yorkshire :LOL: :LOL:

(and my wife's got Scottish and Jewish ancestry - unfortunately she hasn't inherited the sterotypical attitudes to money :p :LOL: :LOL: )

(by the way - I was sent that joke by an Irishman - he wanted to know could he fit three people on a Rocket 3 :p :p )

4. :rofl: i know the feeling tony i have scot irsh and welshso if i go out and get drunk i start to hate myself

5. There's worse - one of my staff in a previous job was Serbian and Croatian :LOL: He used to argue with himself all the time... :LOL: