Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ipswich <-> Brisbane... how long will it last....

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by tunaranch, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Rode from Ipswich to Brisbane and back for work today... Left home at 7, arrived 7.45ish. Left work at 4.10, arrived at 5, including a fuel stop at Milton.

I wonder how long I can keep this up for. Supposedly traffic picks up a bit soon, once school starts, and uni starts, and people get back from holiday.

Does anyone have any tips for avoiding sitting in traffic along this route?

2. Take backroads, or *gasp* lanesplit.
  3. don't live in ipswich?
  4. 3/4 of an hour commute? pfftt, you are spoilt, stop complaining.
  5. Find a different job in a different town..........
    You can't avoid it. Be thankful you can still lanesplit. and make the most of it.
  6. Try going from Robina to Chermside everyday! :)
  7. Robina to Chermside??? WOW.
  8. I agree with Bix. Any body with the means to live in Ipswich should be able to afford a comparable dwelling in, let's say, Inala :grin:

Otherwise, The suggested route is: North along the Brisbane Valley highway to just past Fernvale - turn right onto the back road to Somerset Dam - turn right again onto the Mt Glorious Road - then left and proceed through Sanford to Ferny Grove.

You'll have to leave a bit earlier... but it's worth it :twisted: !