Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

iPhone 4s screen replacement

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by ageg, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Hey folks.

Has people on here attempted a iPhone 4s screen replacement?. Well, I have tonight.

I ordered the kit of eBay and thought ahh yeah it will be a 30 minute job.... Bzzzzzzzz wrong. There's so much stuff you have to take off and unclip etc. I suppose now that I can see why they wanted to charge me $140 to do it lol...

I'm currently at the disassemble stage and about to put it back together. I hope all goes well or I think the Missus might go kick my bike over or something nutty like that lol. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342174941.233351. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342174953.460087.

2. 140 bucks wow i got mine done for 110 took half an hour to do... Good luck putting it back together...
  3. All done :). At first it wouldn't charge lol, took the battery back out and fiddled with the connector then it wouldn't stay on without power and kept switching on intermittently.

Worked out there's a plate that sits on top of the battery plug which is meant to sit inbetween the plate and cover, not on top like I had....

Would only take bout 30 mins or so now knowing what to do and stuff.

The lot was $40 off eBay... And now I got the tools to do more :). ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342186065.525768.