Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National [Iowa] Teens learn about motorcycle safety in highschool driver ed program

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by robsalvv, Mar 21, 2011.

1. http://www.kimt.com/content/localne...Motorcycle-Safety/ZortnxJmL0WC5sT6CghTFA.cspx

The national road safety strategy should take a leaf out of ABATE's book.

2. Hmm

Learning Road Rules in Highschools.....
    Like I haven't been saying that for years!

3. great stuff, forward thinking preventative measures, unlike Aus.
    and 10th grade in Iowa probably means they're about to be on the roads driving/riding fairly soon. you can see in the clip just how attentive the students are. that's not your typical attentive behaviour of year 10 students here haha. but bikies came to school, so that's cool to them.
    have to wonder whether or not ABATE is state funded.
    billions turned over in speed tax every year in Vic, seriously how much would a program like this cost the state gov to run. hardly a drop in their greedy billions.
    the sad thing is that's basic stuff that every driver allready on the road should know. and it's really not that much to learn.
    great find Rob (y)
  4. You know.. nothing is really "new".
    We used to do several sessions at a "road school" when I was at school.
    If you obeyed all the (scaled down) traffic signs you got to ride a "good" bike!
  5. I remember doing something similar here in Ballarat back in Primary school. If I remember rightly at the same time they were teaching us young kiddies how to be safe cyclists and pedestrians they were also training drivers and motorcycle riders on some of the same course.

Whole thing shut down before I got into High School because of a lack of Government funding. Though I suspect the whole centre would have cost less to run per year than what the TAC currently spends on TV advertising on the local stations.