Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Wolfye, May 7, 2008.

1. My name is Chris and I ride a Yamaha XVS1100.

I've only been riding for about 18 months, but did almost 20,000km on my Honda VT250C before upgrading to the bigger donk on which I have already done 6,000km.

I'm currently in the process of pimping my ride. I have already put on V&H pipes, Jardine forward controls and new levers (with skulls on the ends of them). Next are new grips, mirrors and perhaps a lower seat I think.

I've not done that many group rides, but would definitely be interested.

Longest trip I have done so far was Melbourne to Adelaide return on the Anzac weekend and I regularly do the run down the Peninsula just to get away and clear my head.
  2. Welcome Aboard Chris !!!!
  3. hi and welcome to NR

have u gone through murray bridge and back way to adelaide? or just via the main road?

back was is good as there is lots of bends :grin:
  4. Thank you :)

Sadly I was racing the weather the whole way there and back so I went the direct route along the main road. Had the weather been better I would have gone via the GOR and come back on a less direct route also.
  5. hi and welcome
    try the going from keith through murry bridge and tununda, have done it a couple of times in the cage will be looking forward to doing it on the bike one day
  6. when u do go back go through Murray Bridge to palmer then tungkillo through to birdwood and all the back way
    great sites and nice windy roads just some spots are a little rough last time hubby and i was on em :grin:
  7. Welcome to Netrider, you old, bad cruiser rider you :).
  8. Welcome.

I just read a few reviews of your cruiser. It doesn't have a fuel gauge, that's interesting, I would have thought that would have been pretty standard these days. Air cooled too! Sounds like a smooth cruiser with plenty of Ooomf.

Sounds like you're going for the bad boy image! There are some pretty awesome bikes around, you'll no doubt get a lot of attention when you cruise!
  9. hi n welcome...

nice to be able to jump on the bike and just 'get away' :)

post pics of ya bike when u get a chance :)