Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Introduction of LAMS in Victoria?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by I Adore Vic, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Does anyone know what's happening in regards to LAMS being introduced in Victoria?

Any links to information?

2. There was some biff and barge on here a few weeks ago over a media release about this.

The guts of it was it COULD be in in 6 months but dont hold your breath. :)
  3. There was an brief article in the last AMCN that said possibly around Oct i think it was but nothing was definite. Just brought to the fore again cos Tas just introduced it.
  4. Ta guys. Think I'll just go and buy another 250...not waiting for something that may or may not happen. :)
  5. Buying another 250 would be the surest way to get LAMS moving in Victoria. Murphy and his stoopid law ... gets ya every time :roll:

Good luck, Rosie. Half the fun is in the shopping :grin:
  6. Victoria has such a poor motorcycle lobby that anything like LAMS here will drag well behind the rest of the country as no one is pushing for it's introduction.
  7. No porbs buying a 250 anyway, LAMS hasn't killed the 250 market in NSW. Just about all the big bikes allowed under LAMS are cruisers/ tourers anyway and quite a few currently available 250s won't be allowed so go buy yourself a rocket if you want... they can't take it off you.