Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Introducing: TinStar, with the fruity half-faired Thundercat

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by TinStar, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Hi there, everybody! Long time lurker, first time poster.

And then, because I wanted to post a picture and some links, immediately second and third and fourth and fifth time poster... in https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?p=796074#796074 about YZF600R fairings in the Mods section. Probably not the done thing, but it was the first thread I've seen that got me excited enough to join up here. Sorry, everybody. :grin:

I have a '98 YZF600R Thundercat which is undergoing a lengthy on-again off-again project to bring it back to pristine somewhat customized condition after its first owner crashed it and then a clown in a Commodore drove into the back of it when I was stopped at lights. At present, the bike more or less looks like this:

I'd be very keen to find some other Aussie YZF600R riders and compare notes. It's an underrated bike, given that the Americans have been buying them new until 2007 and we had them for two years and then the R6 took over. There's been a few nice ones on eBay recently, mostly in the Eastern States. I used to see a few around Adelaide, but they're not common, which just adds to the enjoyment of owning one (until it comes time to find aftermarket or second hand parts locally).

Well, thanks for having me. I hope to check in more regularly, now I can post as well as read.

2. Nice one mate, the old YZFs are sweet. I like 'em even more than the new ones.

Oh, and yes, that paint job is fruity. Not even Ian Thorpe fruity, we're talking Richard Simmons.

3. :shock: There's only one caption for that Richard Simmons photo: Fruit & Vegetables.

Thanks for the welcome, Loz. Now let me go slip on my short shorts and sequinned singlet, and we can all do some aerobics together. :p

When my bike was all busted and rough looking, I called it The Thunderdog. Now I'm thinking Thunderfruit: The Mandarin Of Doom.

Hopefully some tasteful decal placement will help de-fruit it a little bit - maybe back to Carmen Miranda levels.

4. Nice bike and welcome to the fruitiest forum on the web, :LOL:

Loz please post a warning before posting pics like that :twisted:
  5. G'Day

Oh my... that Richard Simmons pic makes me tingle in places I never knew existed....

Welcome to NR Tin