Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Introducing myself..

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Threepwood, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for quite some time and now Netrider has threatened to punch me in the junk and boot me if I don't introduce myself; (ok, I may be over playing this a bit :whistle:). Anyway, I've found this community to be a great resource over the last 6 months or so that I've been watching it, so it's time I got off my lazy backside, introduced myself and got involved.

I'm a returning rider; grew up on bikes around the farm but several moves around the world, raising a family and general 'growing up' distracted me. A while back I decided that I wanted to be able to ride again and have since gotten licensed and am currently sitting through my 12 months LAMS restriction period. I ride a stock XVS650 Custom and am looking for ways to give it some personality of it's own.

Looking forward to getting more involved in the NR community.

2. Welcome Threepwood, Where abouts are you based?
  3. Thx for the welcomes guys; Oh yeah, good point Chris, I'm Melbourne based (NE suburbs).
  4. Welcome Threepwood, is that your real name or are you a pirate?
  5. of course he's a Pirate :LOL:

Welcome to Netrider, me hearties :)
  6. Welcome back to two wheels.
    He may of course be Galahad Threepwood or his older brother Lord Emsworth from the tales of P.G. Wodehouse.
    A more likely scenario IMHO as riding with a hook and a patch over one eye would almost certainly attract the plods attantion, not to mention the helmet with the large plume.
  7. Welcome to N Arrrr. :)

Good to have another XVS Custom on board. I've personalized a little bit to make to more comfy but that's about it.

Lots & lots of options around so ..

Ride safe and see you around.
  8. Hi Folks & thanks...and well played philmydang picking up the (mighty) pirate reference, though I suspects it dates us both ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome mate, another old fart on board, this is gettin' good we may soon be a majority;-);)
  10. I wasn't going to admit to knowing about Monkey Island ... but the average age in this thread doesn't make it seem so out of place any more.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Monkey Island was circa 1990, that aint old, that's yesterday, geez you blokes.
  12. welcome guybrush threepwood from monkey island on the good old amiga 500