Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Introducing mrsheavyninja

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by MrsHninja, May 8, 2016.

1. Hi, im new to the forum and new to riding. You have all probably read all about me now from heavyninja. I don't currently have a bike and have just recently started doing lessons. Looking forward to reading some tips as have started to struggle with riding.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Welcome aboard :)
    practice practice practice at your speed & time. :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I am not sure you really want to be associated with me.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. why are you a Collingwood supporter
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Everybody's welcome here at Netrider, even Collingwood supporters!!!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Nah sometimes I can be embarrassing hahahahaha.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. you aint seen nothing yet :p
  8. Welcome to NR, we're here to help :cool:
  9. welcome babe
    good luck with the practice
  10. Welcome MrsHninjaMrsHninja you are in the right place to find a wealth of information and support :)

I took time getting comfortable with the bike and riding, I understand that I am generally a slower learner than some others and I try to not let that bother me because I know I eventually get there, always. These beginning steps are the hardest part, be patient with yourself and you will reap the massive rewards I promise. Look forward to hearing more about your future journey:)
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 4 words - parking kit practice, lots.

Hang on, getting deja vu here.....
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Howdy and welcome to NR MrsHninjaMrsHninja. Great to have you on board! Learn lots and we really are here to help. Without these collective ratbags, I would have chucked it in when I was learning. :happy: As SibiSibi said, take your time but stick with practicing as much as you can in what ever the weather. Even wind.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hello and welcome to the forums MrsHninjaMrsHninja :happy: Great to see your hubby overcome his fears of imminent death by your hand and offered you to join.

Quite a few of us, myself included, have struggled with riding a two wheeler in the beginning. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and terrific advice, and members' support of new riders is second to none.

All the best with your lessons, don't rush things and don't get discouraged by setbacks, with practice it will all eventually fall into place. Use the New Rider section, there's lots of great info on there, search and you'll be surprised how many people struggled with the same things. Good luck (y)!
    • Like Like x 6
  14. #14 Andrew West, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Welcome MrsHninjaMrsHninja
    Lesson 1: hubby is always right and the noobie to bikes in the family gets to wash the bikes ;)
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. gday MrsHninjaMrsHninja welcome to NR and to riding two wheels. we hope you feel at home and ask many questions and hopefully pick up a few things along the way!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Welcome to NR...

17. Welcome MrsHninjaMrsHninja!
    Sooo many challenges, so much fun! Have reported many of these on this forum, sure you'll come across some as you get to know NR! Bottom line, it's been fun, terrifying at times but the greatest learning experience of my life, well of late anyway!! Hate to say it ... buf the old cliche just works ... Enjoy the journey!! Hope I get to help you along the way!
    • Like Like x 5
  18. Welcome to the madhouse.

I don't have much time to write an essay but just quickly when I taught my wife to ride I found a high school which had plenty of roads through it which nobody was on after school hours and rode there for an hour every night for a week. No traffic. No need to ride fast. Nobody to point and laugh just a chance to learn.
    • Like Like x 8
  19. Welcome to NR. Heavy has not mentioned a thing about you.;)
    • Funny Funny x 5
  20. Welcome to the forum