Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Introducing Buffy

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Buffy, Aug 28, 2015.

1. #1 Buffy, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Hello! Please don't hate me but currently I'm riding a scooter! I'm about to graduate as a Nurse and want to by myself a bike as a pressy to my self.
    I'll be posting a thread to get your opinions on some bikes I'm thinking of, but I assume this isn't the right place for that.
    I'm really looking forward to getting out into the Victorian country over summer on my new bike!
    PS I'm a bit unco when it comes to online forums too

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi Buffy, welcome aboard :)
  3. Howdy & Welcome to NR!

Scooter or bike it's all good.
    Getting out there and experiencing what you enjoy doing is all that matters, especially if you like weekend rides to the chocolate factory!!

4. Welcome
  5. Hi Buffy, welcome, scooter is a good choice as it has room for wooden stakes, garlic etc...

......dons flameproof suit.......
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. #7 Buffy, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
    Oh Thank you!

You know it took me a minute to work this out. I couldn't see how this related to my scooter!

Thank you
  7. Apologies! My weird sense of humor.....
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. G'day Buffy, its all the same wind, hope your not unco with a needle ;-), chillibuttonchillibutton I got you right off, I must be weird too :)
  9. Welcome to NR.

When I first saw the name, Buffy the Vampire Slayer was the first thing that came to mind! So Nurse by day and Vampire Slayer by night!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ah thanks for that Lazy LibranLazy Libran I was struggling with that reference myself. Just not up with the Zeitgeist I am afraid :)

Welcome BuffyBuffy Doesn't matter what you ride although scooter riders get some gentle ribbing. :) I see you are in Melbourne, the weather here is approaching better riding weather so a good time to start.

Have you done your L plates yet?
  11. Hello. Yes! I got my license last year. I just want to get onto a bike now, particularly with all the lovely weather coming up. I've outgrown my little red scooter
  12. G'day BuffyBuffy, welcome to Netrider.
  13. hello BuffyBuffy , chillibuttonchillibutton has a great sense of humour!

Get to know us hate us, whatever. read up there's some good shit on here.
  14. Ok I misread your post and didn't see you were currently riding a scooter. If you have a free Saturday morning then you can meet a lot of the gang at Saturday Morning Practice in Elwood/St Kilda.
  15. Hello and welcome to the forums BuffyBuffy! Well, "Buffy" definitely goes hand in hand with "Vampire slayer", first thing that came to my mind too :) All the best with your transition to motorcycles, I'm sure you'll find it very exciting.
  16. welcome aboard BuffyBuffy scooters are fine, chillibuttonchillibutton keep the jokes coming you're slaying me :wacky:
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. I see what you did there JeffcoJeffco lol ...
  18. Welcome Buffy as suggested pop down to sat practice session not only to meet the peeps but its a great place to see different bikes and ask for honest opinions of bikes from riders and not salespeople.
  19. Mmmm, I've often wondered how these Mods get their stripes and ascend to such lofty heights ;)

Welcome nurse Buffy.......... what do you do Monday to Friday?
    • Funny Funny x 2