Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by boro_baba, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Hey have you guys heard about the 2012 prophecy?

There is a theory that there is another planet out there called "Planet X". It is part of our solar system but with more of an oval shaped orbit rather than a circular one.

It is said that when this planet comes into OUR orbit it is going to mess up earths gravitational pull and magnetic fields resulting in a pole change which is catastrophic!

The interesting part is that this is not just a theory like the Y2K bug! This theory is backed up with a large number of facts and evidence supported both by astrominers AND also mentioned in holy books such as the Bible and the Quran.

There is heaps of videos/documentaries on youtube about this.

Look up "Surviving 2012 Plant X and Nibiru" in youtube.

2. It happens every so many thousand years. The magnetic poles are gradually getting weaker, until the point that they will swap ends of the earth, and will have a major effect on things like weather patterns and just how things work in general.
  3. Its said that all this messed up weather we have been having lately is caused by the so called magnetic effects of Planet X on our North and Sound poles.

Its also said that this will happen somewhere between 2008 and 2015. Many believe (Scientists and astronminers) that this will occur late 2012! Symptoms of the effects of a pole change are much like that from the movie "The day after tomorrow".

Scary sh*t!
  4. Welcome to the 20th century. That theory was first put forward in the early 1900s, and disproved in the 1990s.
    Reversal of the magnetic fields is well documented and has occurred many times in the past - it's far too regular an event to have been caused by something as random as a planet passing by close enough to have an effect, but not so close as to collide. It's also impossible for gravity to effect the magma without massive changes to the Earths surface - something which did not occur during magnetic pole reversals.
  5. I won't believe it until Pro-pilot tells me its happening.

These "astrominers" that you talk of - is there actually money to be made in mining stars? I didn't even know it was possible? :LOL: :p
  6. yeah, the Aztecs (or was it the Incas or Olmecs) have a calender wheel that ends in 2012.

Now these ancient dudes were renouned to have accurate time measuring skills. Google it . . . interesting read.
  7. Actually I did some digging elsewhere.
    That theory was first put forward by Zecharia Sitchin - who also suggested that the planet named by the Babylonians as Nibiru (which is generally accepted as having been the planet Jupiter) was in fact an extra planet populated by a race of technologically advanced aliens who are referred to in the Bible as the Nephilim.
    These aliens then enslaved humans to produce gold, introduced the concept of heirachy and government, altered our DNA and supposedly sections of the bible refer to a nuclear war between different alien factions (despite a complete lack of any of the isotopes that are produced as a result prior to 1945).

Seriously Stargate is more credible than the stuff this guy was writing.
  8. Its intresting yet scary at the same time Mickyb V9.

They where unbelivably accurate with their predictions! Its also amazing how they had clay tablets with the EXACT positioning of the plants around the earths orbit. Also there was an extra planet on these tablets which is now refered to as Planet X.
  9. Should I stock up on canned food?
  10. if this is true, awesome.
    i've always hoped if there was going to be an end of the world, it would happen in my lifetime

humanity is going to shit, anyway. if the end of the world was nigh, our first response would be to market the utter shit out of it
  11. Mayans, actually. The current Mayan Long Count calendar ends on December 21, 2012.

Susan Milbrath, Curator of Latin American Art and Archaeology , Florida Museum of Natural History, quoted in USA Today, Wednesday, March 28, 2007, p. 11D.
    "For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. in Crystal River, Florida. To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in." (Quoted in USA Today, Wednesday, March 28, 2007, p. 11D.)

Or in other words, our calendars end every year - and we just go out and buy a new one to hang on the wall. So too did the Mayans.
  12. Better fire up the dooms day cult then boro.

I've heard of this planet too. I've read about it and it's metaphysical implications for earth. In some circles it's also implicated in the birth of the human race. I've read about these nephilim too. There a books in the theosophical book shop all about it... I'm sure most of it would be on the net too now.... dunno... any of those sites would be blocked at work...

Anyway, it's 2008... so in astronomical terms, 2012 is literally the next second... so we should be able to spot this rogue planet that's of a sufficient size to have a significant magnetic effect.

Why aren't astronomy clubs and astronomer all agog about the impending interaction?

13. yeah, i've just bought the patent and copyright to the shirt design with writing on the front in 50mm high Arial Bold font print saying - "I SURVIVED 21/12/12"
  14. How will SG-1 save us from our Ori or Goa'uld overlords this time?
  15. yeah, just testing if someone else is upto scratch on their Mesoamerican history.
  16. I know it sounds far-fetched. I too was very skeptical when a mate was telling the story over a coffee but once you see the videos and read up on the documents this theory changes from a "Possibility to Plausibility"!

The pieces fit too perfectly in the puzzle for it to just be another one of those false things like microwaves and blenders coming to life due to the Y2K bug!

I’m not saying stock up on canned food LoL! Relax! :p

Good to see that there are other SG-1 / Atlantis fans out there! :)
  17. Wait, which section of the Bible said this?? I've read the Bible front to back a few times, and I've obviously missed this very exciting and entertaining part.

Can a resident Bible expert (I believe, hornet600) please give me the details so I can look it up??
  18. if its on you tube it must be true! :roll: :roll:

doesnt some new end of the world theory come up every decade or so?
    load of rubbish.
  19. Book of Lamentations supposedly.