Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Interweb problems - (Solved)

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Mkey, Aug 9, 2008.

1. G'day all

For about 3 days I have been having problems accessing my 2 favorite Forums Netrider and DucatiMonsterForum

Netrider - When I log onto the Forum here it will 3/4 load the page and then it takes about 30 secs to load the last quarter of the page, sometimes longer.
    I can look at all other parts of the Forums and the website OK, but if I go to the Index, a specific forum or a Topic within Netrider, the first part loads in about a second, then the last 1/3 to 1/4 of the page is painfully slow.
    I'm using Safari on a Mac, tried Firefox and it is a little faster.

DucatiMonsterForum - All I get is this constant error message.

Database Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    File: /home/content/d/u/c/ducpainter/html/Sources/Security.php
    Line: 275Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
    File: /home/content/d/u/c/ducpainter/html/Sources/Load.php
    Line: 2016
    Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

I have had this error for 4 days now, I have reset Safari and cleared the Cache, tried Firefox, Reset the Mac, I'm not sure what else I should/could be trying.
    I have reset the computer, reset my router and reset my Modem.
    I contacted one of the guys on the Forum and he can get in, so I assume the problem is at my end somewhere.

Can anyone offer any suggestions.

2. Delete your internet preferences and all your safari and firefox preferences.
    If all else fails delete safari and firefox and download fresh copies.
    sounds like preference file corruption
    Resetting safari doesn't do much for a recurring problem like yours.
  3. After my 5th phonecall to Telstra (today), They finnally agreed to reset our connection after they assured me it was my problem.
    They said faulty computer/faulty Airport Router/faulty cable (all checked many times)
    They said to ensure Windows was updated (After I told this guy 6 times I am running a Mac)
    Browser problem (Reset and reinstalled)
    Safari browser is not compatible with the site(s) (they have been working fine for over 12 months)
    Cleared Cache
    Left Modem unplugged and wait for the planets to align!
    Sacrificed goat.........

And now it's all working again, after they reset my connection!

They exchange in our area is very very overloaded, and the supervisor I finally got through to explained that this is a common problem on over loaded exchanges.He advised next time I get errors and drop outs just ring up and keep asking for the reset until they do it, for some reason the Techs don't like it and have advised staff not to do it unless it is the last resort.

At least it's all sorted now.

Thanks. :grin:
  4. Where are our Telstra evangelists :LOL: ???