Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Interstate Pre-Purchase Inspections and Brisan Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by PatB, Jan 10, 2013.

1. As noted in another thread, there is a small possibility that I'll shortly be in the market for an ex-police BMW. In WA, that means buying an interstate bike. I've got my eye on a K1200GT at a dealers in Newcastle.

Can anyone recommend someone who can do a PPI in the Newcastle area? Commercially or a NR who knows about BMWs and would be prepared to come to some arrangement.

Also, has anyone dealt with Brisan Motorcycles and, if so, what are they like?

Any info appreciated. I've bought interstate, sight unseen before but then it was a repairable write off which I knew to need work. This time I need a complete and running bike which I can put over the pits as soon as it's out of the crate and immediately press into service for a 800 km a week commute, hence the need for some reassurance as to condition.

2. Yum, yum, ex-police K-series, drool.

I take my BMW to Brisans for service and pink slip, and as far as I can tell, they're legit. I say as far as I can tell cos I'm not that experienced, but they've got my old bike running well. They're a large concern with a decent reputation to uphold.
  3. Thanks for the info but I just got a "no" regarding the job which would have given me an excuse for an executive express so a new bike is off the cards again. Ho hum.