Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Interstate Licensing

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by moosey, Aug 31, 2007.

  1. Hi, I'm going for my Moped R-N class (50cc) in WA however my family is planning on moving to melbourne at the end of the year. I understand motorcycle licensing is quite different in Victoria. Will i be able to use my WA moped license there or will I have to resit tests and practical there?

    In WA the R-N Moped class has the same practical exam as the R-E 250cc motorcycle class I've been told however you do not need to do the 25hours supervised riding. Victoria don't have a 50cc class of license as far as I can tell!

  2. Vic doesnt have a 50cc scooter class, so at a guess i'd say you will have to go through the process all over again.

    As your going for your R-N over here, i'm guessing that your 16? If thats the case you'd have to check with the Vics to see if your even old enough for a license over there (i'd guess maybe not).

    Have a scout around the vicroads website;


    edit: just checked on the vicroads site mate and it appears you have to be 18 to get your bike learners permit over there.