Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Interstate licencing and rego

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by tarsh, May 21, 2007.

  1. Guys and girls,

    I have my learners permit in vic and got my gpx250 rego in victoria.

    does anyone know what the procedures are for moving interstate temporarily.

    i ask cause the rules say one thing but people's experiences might differ.


  2. Where are you going to? For how long?
  3. Technically more than 7 days of permanent relocation then you're meant to move licence and rego.

    Most people dont for months and no-one cares.

    If you intend to return you shouldnt have to. So long as you have a mailing address in the original state (eg mum and dads or a friends) then you should be ok.
  4. Incorrect information there. See that's why I asked where and how long, because in Vic and NSW you have 3mths.
  5. I was under the impression that you had a grace period of 6 months and you didn't have to for a short period of time.

    My sister is due back in 2 weeks from a trip to tasmania for uni, and she didnt have to change her license at all.