Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

interstate bike transport

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by dje, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Melb - Cairns...

Aside from riding it there, and professional bike transport (too expensive for me at the moment: avg quote was $800+), anyone have any alternatives to getting a bike from Melb to Cairns?

Thanks in advance.

2. I had a bike brought down from Maroochydore to Sydney for $250 by I think allbikes?
    something like that.

You could use a furniture removalist, who does backloading to make a few $$ for the trip, but be warned, they will not give a fcuk about your bike, they will just transport it like they would a fridge.
  3. i got my thread canned asking the same question...

The easiest way is to call up a removalist scobie.. Interstate movers etc i moved my bike form hobart to brisbane for $420 inc insurance with scobie.
  4. hey- I just had my bike shipped from bris to melb for $240, would be a bit more for melb to cairns I guess.

That was depot to depot delivery, was going to be $500 door to door, so much much cheaper if you can get it to the depot and pick it up yourself.

Bikes only was the company.

you can do a quote here: