Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Internal Wiring Tips!

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by hevyweapon1, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Hi lads,

First time posting fellahs..

So where do I begin.

I'm planning to buy a xvs650 yammy and i'm gonna bobber it all up with the lot and I just have some Questions for running internal wiring through some sexy handlebars.

I'm a bit of a spaz so bare with me.

I would be buying bars pre drilled that run internal wiring and some things i'm not sure about are the cables at the housings on the hand grips and the master cylinder. I want to try get it as clean and lean as possible so this is where im trying to find out whether I can buy a aftermarket master cylinder which would be smaller and more cleaner looking which would make the internal wiring look better. Ive noticed that they have the metal tubes coming from them and im just curious as to if you can get tubing which can bend so it will go into the bar closer so there are less cables being shown.

Also is it worth trying to get an internal throttle because I found one type which was only a few hundred and it looked real clean.

I know this is probably the worst forum thread to date but hey im young and dumb so cut me a break ha :)

My goal would be to get some handlebars which have almost no visible cables and housings etc. on the bars.

I hope some of you guys can help me out.

2. hello
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hello mate I hope your here to help
  4. ^^^^^ Lol, sit tight.
  5. Perfect.
  6. Welcome Heavymetal,
    Try looking at the cruiser forum and some of the guys that have already done bobber conversions with the 650's.