Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Interesting week and a bit

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Tonbi, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Ok, so I actually picked the bike up 2 weeks ago, but I've only really been able to get out an about for a bit over a week.

So far I have dropped it at a stand still :( , had a cage horn at me for not going fast enough (bit hard to go fast with the cage in front not moving :LOL: ), had a cage want to merge lanes through me while traffic was stopped. Also had a cage think about driving through me while I was fueling up (I'm thinking about changing jackets to one that doesn't have "I'm not here" written on it :p )

And I went for a little ride on the weekend, down the south coast via princes hwy, bulli pass, then down to Kiama via Jamberoo and home by the coast and National park. All up 5 hrs of riding and 260km travelled and am getting more comfortable with my cornering. Must admit that riding with a mentor and alternating between following their lines and their feedback after following me was great (and what a mate, hanging with me doing 80kph through higher speed zones :grin: )

2. To this day I still remember what MM taught me when I got my L's. Sums it all up.

Expect the unexpected.

You'll have many more near misses, that's for sure.

3. least u chose the right bike :cool:

good to hear your loving it :grin: