Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Interesting new TAC advertising

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by mcbigg, Oct 26, 2009.

1. I was playing Battlefield 2142 tonight when I noticed this:

DSC02013.

The games periodically changes what appears on the billboards on the maps with advertising that usually includes upcoming movies or games etc. This is the first one from the TAC I've seen.

The TAC trying to reach a younger audience I guess.

Just thought I'd share.

Cheers,
    Paul.

2. Yeah, they advertise in GRiD as well. I make sure to run someone off the road every time I see one of their ads.

Maybe they should invest their funds in actually training people how to drive properly.

Also, why in the name of Satan's taint is the game not cheaper if they're going to run ads during it?

3. I think it is a good idea, and a much better ad than the latest TV ad. I agree about the advertising in games though. Like blatant product placement in movies or tv shows. As if we don't get enough advertising without being subjected to it when we are trying for a little escapism.

4. Yep they've done the market research as TV doesn't get the 18 to 25 demographic as much as other media.

5. Probably because free to air TV is worthless, and pay TV is somehow just as bad. The 18-25 demographic says "Screw this" and buys the TV shows worth watching without ads, or just gets them from less legitimate systems 2 years before any of the Aussie networks realize nobody gives a crap about Blue Heelers or McWhatevers Slampig Daughters, at which point they buy the rights to a worthwhile show and cancel it after 2 episodes.

6. Friggin' SNAP! Best post I've read tonight, grue. At uni I was with the 'ahead of the curve' bunch and my first year out everyone is playing catch-up.

Its really shitting me.

- boingk

7. Exception to the above: OneHD rocks.

8. Read: slamball rocks

9. Don't 'spose you can take those signs out with a well aimed shot of an RPG perchance?

10. Same signs in NFS: Shift as well... i thought it was pretty clever.