Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

intercoms

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by kawasaki1, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Thought I would express a recent expierence I bought two bluetooth wireless units for the wife and I $470.00 the wife has a shoei and rated it 7/10 I have a arai and rated it zero.Different helmuts give different results,I wasnt made aware of this so be aware. Now Im trying to get my money back.

2. Most BT systems dont have any real noise cancelling for the extreme conditons on a bike (too much power consumed from the p**sy little batteries). Reputable wired systems work MUCH better with any helmet AND you can get STEREO music too.
    I run a StarCom1 (www.dmme.com.au) on an old Ducati with an AXO helmet. 140kph its clear as!

3. Which one did you buy?

My OH and I use the Blueant interphones, and their noise cancelling is really effective, even on windy days.

I have a Shoei and my OH has an AGV.

4. Can I jump in and say that I also have a starcom1 system from DMME ( won in a netrider competition).

I used to have a M50, now have a M109.

Ipod is clear at 220 kmh!

enuf said.

5. ive got the Autocomm system...works a treat. I hook up my ipod and cb to it.