Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Rented, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Hi guys,

Last night I was riding along, following some Toyota station wagon, with another car in the left lane (which has to turn left) coming up behind, going 5-10Kph faster. The care in the left lane came up alongside, then, quick flick right, indicator after, and enter into the space in which I was previously occupying, as I'd seen the flick start and braked pretty damn hard to get out of the way. Dead sure he knew, because I was pretty much alongside when he did it. We weren't that close to the left hand turn, so there was no immediate need for him to flick lanes.

So, I followed him, and when we stopped, and as it turns out, I was in between his mate in the car in front of me, and himself. He didn't get out, so I went up and asked him why he felt the need to do that, and he said he was sorry with a smile on his face. I started being very loud and sweary, but I had to walk away or I would have punched him.

If I was in a car, I would never have got out of the way in time.

Rant over, just sayin!
  2. Had you been in a car the fcukwit wouldn't have done what he did. Instead he would have seen you.
    I kid you not. I was riding in the right lane next to the open drivers window of a car in the left lane, I was slowly going past (best not to speed where I was as the police have a habit of setting up speed traps along there). He just started pulling in to the right lane, didn't look until I, very loudly, called him a C*NT and very quickly accelerated away....