Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Insuring my first ride, 2003 zxr250

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by steve_ZXR250, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Hey all, I've just bought my first road bike, its a 2003 model zxr250. The problem i have is that all the inurance companys i have rang said the bike doesn't exist. the bike is one of the 2003 peter stevens imports.

what have other 2003 zxr owners isured their bike under and who with? i rang peter stevens and the guy there told me the bike was actually listed as a 2004 zx250. he said it isn't in the glasses guide but s on the redbook site, which i couldn't find it in.

From what i have heard the bike was made new in 2000 and something, but from 1995 new parts. so can i insure the bike as a 1995? if i do will i still get covered if i have an accident?

also i have tryed to ring aami as my mates got there bikes insured with them (CBR250rr's) for 700 were al the other quotes were from 1200-1600. but as far as they are concerned there isn't such thing as a zxr250, zx2r or any 250 ninja, on zzr250.

sorry to have rambled on but i'm stressing i wont be able to get insurance. any help would be great.
  2. My mate had the same problem. But he got insurance from insuremyride.com.au. It has a 2003 zxr250s
  3. Yeah, they are the only one i have found that insure them, but for $2000 i think its a bit rich.