Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Insuring a CBR600F in Sydney

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Hyssy, Apr 29, 2006.

1. 'Lo,

The final part to piece together my graduation from P's is the insurance on the CBR600F I'm after. Now I am currently with Swan, who quoted me (as a grade 5) just over $3k PA. Is this an expected amount?

I've got 1 years no claims etc. I am 22. I understand it will be expensive but $3k seems a tad extreme.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

2. don't bother...

i was quoted $2000 per year for a $5000 bike. i have a clean record of nearly 6 years
  3. Mate, I'm an insurers' wet dream. Never had an accident(car or bike) in 20 years on the road. Had two speeding fines in my life, both <15kph. Last one was 8 years ago. I have a lifetime maximum no claim bonus. I'm 35. Basically every question related to me and my driving record reduces my premiums. But, I live in an apartment in Surry Hills and the best insurance I could get was $1200 on a new $14000 bike through Swan. One company quoted me $3000. So what you've been quoted isn't that extreme.
  4. Right, I've sussed out I need a $100 a week pay rise in order to afford it. This is taken as given. If my current job don't help, you can find me along any one of Sydney's fine streets from 9pm onwards.