Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Insurer suggestions?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Lazy Libran, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Hi Guys,

Just want to get a quick idea re: Bike insurances.

At the moment I'm with Swann and have been given a good quote by Youi (which includes Australia wide roadside assistance and $2000 worth of Ride Gear).

They have also promised the quickest turn around to get the bike fixed if something goes wrong.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in Advance.

LL

2. I've been with QBE for bike and car for ten years, never a reason to change....

3. just signed up with QBE last week

4. Do they provide Roadside Assistance as well?

5. I,ve been insuring with QBE since they were Western Underwriters and have no complaints after a couple of sizeable claims (my R1100RT written off and MrsB's HiLux getting a bloody nose, plus a few windscreens). They've been on the ball and very cheap.

However, (and this isn't an issue from my POV but some people seem to get rather upset about it), they have a policy of withholding your excess until any action against any third party is completed. I reckon that the money I've saved over the years from them being so cheap more than outweighs any delays in getting a couple of hundred dollars back on a multi-thousand dollar claim. YMMV.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. It will vary for different people with different bikes. You need to get the quotes.

7. Went with Youi in the end mainly because of Roadside Assist. Even though it's only 2 call outs, it's still something Swann didn't have.

8. I used to be with Swann, were awesome when I was T-boned by a car.

I'm now with QBE, will be dropping my bike off to Fraser's tomorrow for a claim. Will see how this pans out ...