Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Insure my ride

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Halo_2, May 9, 2007.

  1. In there PDS they cover track dayz
    "Your policy covers you for an approved rider training course where an instructor is present."

    Cover won’t be provided if such a course comes under the jurisdiction of the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS), or any other motor sport governing body, or where there are no designated instructors in attendance.We won’t cover unapproved training courses. A list of approved training courses can be found at insuremyride

    I cant find the list though, anybody else or as long as theres instructors its ok ????
  2. Links on the website are just links, they are not usually a statement of policy or endorsement (it even says so on the website terms and conditions).

    Like their sister company Shannons, Insuremyride's policy covers track days.
  3. just call the number and ask them to explain.

    track days are not training courses... stay upright, hart etc courses instruct you on how to be a better rider, track days are just a day out to go ballistic in a "safer" environment than a road, may or may not include marshalls or ambo's etc. They *may* include instruction on how to ride ON A TRACK better, but are not geared towards being a safer/better road rider (except to burn off the excess testosterone)

    the in sewer ants want to minimise their risk, by encouraging safer road riding, not to encourage track use per se.

  4. Note: 'Approved Rider Training Course'. Before you go and do a track day or Champions Ride Day expecting coverage, get a definition of what constitutes 'Approved'.