Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.


Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by shady_knife, Nov 11, 2011.

  1. my track bike is set up, and its going to stay that way.

    what are some good companies for fire and theft only insurance?

    i tried;
    swann insurance - $130 a month for fire and theft seemed excessive
    shannons insurance - flat out set no we don't do that

    i did put a high value on the bike at $10,000 but still $130 a month for JUST fire and theft....

    so what you guys insure your track bikes with? how? ect?
  2. Thats an interesting question man I've never thought of fire and theft for a track bike but with 2 in the shed it seems like a good idea.

    Are the 'general' insurance companies that insure musical instruments and things like that an option??

  3. seems pretty logical to me to insure it for fire/theft. everything else is!
    going to do more calling around come monday.
  4. I dont suppose it is possible to list it under your house and contents? I assume you aren't concerned about theft when it is out of the shed?
  5. Chances are they don't cover vehicles.
  6. yeah not really worried about it out of my shed.
  7. I think if they're not registered it can be covered under your contents insurance.

  8. shady_knife...I had a quote from Shannons and they said they can insure the track bike for fire and theft as well as during transit (if you get into an accident while towing or something). Not sure if it was maybe because I wanted my house, car and road bike with them that they would allow it...however it was around $300/year.
  9. Most will exclude registered motor vehicles, or vehicles with a >50cc motor etc. Also, may not be covered away from home. Best to read the exclusions yourself, as many of the telephone sales people don't understand their own policy wording.

    Just try the usual suspects like insuremyride and WQBE. They should sort you out!
  10. That sounds about right. A year or so back I went to insure my KTM 625 with Swan for round that figure. It was only about 30 or 40 bucks more a year for full comp, so I got that instead. Was registered so it covered 3rd party as well. Good value I thought.